Thursday, April 09, 2020

CP 288 Encouragement in a time of Anxiety


Encouragement in a time of Anxiety
When it feels as though you are falling to pieces…
Your God is the God of Peace…
You may feel as though the Lord has forgotten you, but
Jesus promised, ‘I will not forget you… I will come to you.’
You may feel that you have lost your place, but
He said, ‘I have engraved you on the palm of my hand.’
When the things of joy are stripped away…
The Joy of the Lord is always your strength.
When it seems as though you’ve fallen off his radar…
You are embraced in the radiance of His glory
When powerlessness overwhelms you…
‘The power at work in you is the power of the Resurrection…’
When you know you are becoming forgetful…
He says, ‘I will not forget you!’
You may feel lost and forsaken, but
The shepherd says, ‘I know my sheep… they hear my voice!’
When the burden is just too heavy…
‘Come to me… I will give you rest.’
You may be an impatient patient, but
‘The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases.’
When life seems a never-ending passion…
His compassionate arms enfold you.
When everything seems out of your control…
‘The Father has given all things into my hands…’
Sometimes it feels as though your faith is wavering, but
He is faithful… always.
I am not ashamed of the Gospel… it is the power of God…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home